*Hey girl, hey. Just so you know my posts may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy something through the links, I’ll make a small commission (at no cost to you). I'll only recommend products that I've actually used*
Wake up. Get dressed. Maybe eat breakfast. Go to work. Eat lunch. Work some more. Sit in traffic. Make dinner. Sleep. Repeat. Every day, five days a week with the shortest two days known to man. How is it that the weekdays seem to drag the fuck along but the weekend goes away within a blink of an eye?
I had to force myself to take breaks and focus on myself. I was so used to taking care of other people and making sure everyone else was okay, I forgot about me and my needs. MAKE YOURSELF A PRIORITY!
So once a week I have a self-care day. If I can’t do a whole day I try to dedicate at least 30 mins to myself. There are many ways to practice self-care. I break my self-care into categories: mind, body, soul. I try to do one thing from each category.
- Recite affirmations and read motivational quotes
- 10 lists for happiness- what I’m grateful for
- Create a vision board. Create the life you want to have.
- Go the gym, workout, do yoga, or go for a run.
- Take a nap. When was the last time you did that?
- Take a long shower or bath ( wash hair, lather, exfoliate) cleanse yourself of all the bad energy
- Get your nails done or do an at home mani/pedi
- Treat Yo Self. Eat your favorite meal
- Watch your favorite movie or a movie you’ve been dying to watch
- Clean house or bedroom and light candles (clean the clutter.. I feel like when I have a messy house, my mind is equally as messy)
- Paint, draw, color, journal
- Put headphones in and dance to your favorite songs
You gotta make time for the important things. And you, my dear are fucking important. If you have any more ideas for practicing self-care, comment below or send me a message. Bye for now.
Like This Post? Share It.